Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday July 21st

The Boys are back in town! with laundry and all. Mark and David had a wonderful time in Colorado.They climbed to summit of Mount Tweeto at roughly 13,700 feet. They and others on the trip stated that this was one of the most physically demanding activity they have done in their entire life. David said that football practice was easy compared to the "trek". I feel they left as boys and came back as men.


While they were gone, I got in a cleaning and painting mood. It is easier when most of the nest is empty. I cleaned the carpets in the rooms and then painted Brian's room. Here is the finish project of Brian's room:


I also painted the laundry room/dog's room. Here is a picture of this work:


Sooo...while the boys were away becoming men, well, I painted and cleaned. I will say that Brian was home and a wonderful helper. He worked on yard work and moved things around for me. He helped me find a very comfortable bed for the room, so he has something really comfortable to sleep on when he comes home to visit me. Yes, the move is still on. He is planning on moving out on Aug. 2nd. Sunday, Niel & I went out to lunch with him and Chelse. Sitting there talking, I have noticed the man he has become. He is a really good guy and he is a man. I guess, I still can not believe he will be 21 in Sept. He was my first baby and he has turned into a wonderful man.

Niel has still be busy with a major project at work. Even with his busy schedule he seems to get things accomplished around the house. He has now finished all the hurricane shutters for our house. No, we do not have a hurricane coming toward us but we need to be prepared. Here is Niel's handy work:



As you can see. We all have been busy this past week. It always feels good when you accomplish things. Mark and David accomplished a hard mountain experience, Brian accomplished the phases of moving forward in adult hood, and Niel & I accomplished homeimprovement projects. Family is a wonderful thing and I so adore my family. I feel blessed every day to be apart of Brian's, Mark's, David's, and Niel's life. What is a women to ask for, be surrounded by four wonderful men.

1 comment:

cwinwc said...

You should be proud of Mark and David. They were instruments of encouragement, fun, and unity on our way up to Tweeto.

Your house is looking good.

May God bless Brian as he starts this phase of his life.