Sunday, September 7, 2008

Football Season

David is Football player Number 79:



As you can see, football season is here. As parents, you will find us in our blue/white shirts on Friday afternoon or evenings watching the MICS Cougars Football team. So....if you want to know where Niel & I are on a Friday night.....we will be at a football game. He has had two games so far. First game 34-30 WIN; second game 28-0 WIN!!!!! David is a starter Offensive Lineman. He had some really good blocks during this last game. He played hard, his whole outfit was totally wet.

So far we have been blessed with a bypass on the storms that have been stirring in our Atlantic waters. We do have our shutters up and plan on taking them down next weekend. This gave us a time to organize them and get them labeled so both Niel & I understand my labeling system.

We have been getting a lot of rain from the storms as they stir out in the Atlantic so we are now looking on reroofing the garage. Niel has found two leaks. He gets the fun about calling around getting estimates for a new roof for the garage.

Last night David and our youth group went to Universal Studios to the Rock the Universe. It started at 4 and ended at 1. They were listening to many different Christian Rock bands. They had a ball. I was totally surprised to see so many kids up during this morning service. David slept in...I felt after Friday's night game and then Saturday night...I thought he needed the sleep. Guess I was the only parent that thought that. I knew he had homework today and I wanted him to be awake enough to do that. Well, homework is done and he is off to see two of the girls in the youthgroup play soccer.

My folks are in Maine right now visiting my brother's family. I know they are enjoying their grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Work is going well....again, what a year to be teaching Government!! It is an amazing year for politics.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments: