Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Year of Graduation

2010 will be remembered as the year of graduation! David graduated from high school in May and Mark graduated from college with a degree in Youth Ministry Dec. 2010. As a mom, it has been a proud year as the boys move into different stages of their life.



David is attending the University of North Florida in Jacksonville. He is unsure of his major and is exploring different option with different classes he is taking. He lives on campus and seems to enjoy the college life. He was in the surf club the first semester (yes, he has his surfboard at college, but the beach is only 15 minutes away). No, he is not playing football there, one main reason is that UNF does not have a football team. David has also been on a health kick and has lost 100 pounds since last Christmas.

Brian is still taking classes at Hillsbourgh Community College in the criminal justice program. His goal is to be a cop. He has a parttime job as a security guard which helps greatly. We will be celebrating Christmas later this year because Brian works Christmas Eve and does not get off until 4 am Christmas morning. We are thankful that Brian has a job and as long as the whole family can be together...well, Christmas is when we are together. His girlfriend Chelsea is doing great in her classes at University of South Florida. Between her classes, her job, and her volunteering at the Tampa Aquarium Chelsea keeps quite busy.

Mark is still in shock that he is done with college. He now will be sending out resumes in hope of finding the right church for him and Janel. Janel will have to go back to Oklahoma to finish her last semester. She will be busy doing her student teaching in a 2nd grade class and then a 5th grade class. She lights up when she talks about it. She will be a great teacher. I think right now Mark & Janel are glad to be home...a long two day drive back to Florida and now it is the whirlwind of getting ready for Christmas, visiting with family members, and seeing old friends. Besides working on wedding plans (May 28th will be here before we blink an eye).

Niel and I are doing great. We are excited that we will be down to only 2 in college. Niel has been busy with work and myself, as a teacher, I am always busy. To me there never seems to be enough hours in the day. I am also working on my masters in education and I have three more classes to go (not that I am counting or anything). Niel and I have been trying to be more health conscience as well. Niel has lost 20 pounds and I have lost 40. I will say I feel better. I still have 15 more to go to get my goal weight.

Are we ready for Christmas? Well, the ride back from Oklahoma wore me out some but I am almost ready..been moving at a slower pace this week. I will say, I am looking forward to what the new year will bring our way!

If I have not said it before, Merry Christmas my friends!

No comments: