Sunday, November 2, 2008

Nov. 2nd




It is a nice rainy Sunday today. Does not seem like it is already November. I will have to admit, I love autumn. It has always been my favorite time of the year. I remember my days in Maine, raking leaves and of course jumping in them. I remember my high school days at Dublin...hay rides and making

As I read the paper, watch Meet the Press, I like every American know that in two days history will be made. We will either have the first African American as President or the first women Vice President. I will have to admit that it has been an exciting year to teach government but I will also have to admit, I am ready for this election. I will not tell anyone how to vote but I would like you to vote. I try to stay neutral when I teach my students but I am passionate about people not giving up their right to vote. Yes, I have voted (I am one of those that do vote early) and I will stay up and watch the elections on Tuesday nights. I will be excited or disappointed when the outcome does come, but I will say, no matter who gets in office, I will dedicate myself to pray for that person.

Niel's dad moved down to Florida this past week. Niel was able to help him unpack his pod on Wednesday. It is amazing how we hold onto so much stuff...even when we move. I try to pudge so much of my stuff yet, I look around and I still have more stuff. I guess that is how it is with everyone. How much stuff we collect...gets overwhelming at time. I have DVD's that I still have not open or even watched. I did purge the kitchen when we remodeled, that was easy, Brian and Chelsea needed stuff for their kitchen.

I went to see my folks on Saturday. I will say, watching ones parents gets old is very hard (at least for me). My mom's health does not seem good and she only weighs 80 pounds. I so wish I could give her some of my weight. How nice that would be....it would help her and me as well. We surprised her....we just showed up. I do not think I will do that again, she almost passed out....she was so shocked to see us.



It was a good weekend for football. David's team won bigtime, 42-6. This win puts them in the playoffs. That gives him two more games, Nov. 14th & Nov. 21st. The GATORS beat Georgia bigtime as well. I even heard that Georgia Tech smashed FSU. So...I guess it was a big weekend for big games, unless you were one of the teams that lost. I really love football season....I love watching David play ball. I use to love listening to the band when Brian & Mark were in the band. Friday nights at the field...was time consuming but also really fun. I have great memories of football seasons pasts and we are making great memories for football season now.

1 comment:

cwinwc said...

Congrats to David. It was nice to just stay home and chill even though I love volleyball at the Travis'.