Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Wow...I feel totally stuffed...guess that is how one should feel after Thanksgiving.

We had a quiet weekend....Thanksgiving Day was full of friends and family. (Myself,Niel, David, my folks, Niel's dad, my friend Mike and his son Mark Tim, and Brian & Chelsea) We had 10 at our table this year. We ate about 1:00...sat around afterwards talking and watching football. I believe some took cat naps but noone admits too it. Brian and Chelsea had to head out for another meal. Around 7 pm we went to see a movie: We saw Australia....good movie but long (at least David thought it was long). Oh...almost forgot the special guest....Throttle, my new grandpuppy.


Before we ate (we had turkey and ham...for those that really want to know, and yes, I did the cooking). Everyone stood around the table (nicely decorated with paper products)and said what they were thankful for. I had so much to be thankful for, wonderful family, friends, good health....the list can go on. I am truly blessed with a wonderful husband and 3 wonderful boys. My boys are very blessed to still have both sets of grandparents still around. It was nice having my parents and Niel's dad with us.

Before people came over on Thursday I was able to get a few of the Christmas Trees up (2 out of 4)--> Niel thought I was a tad bit on the crazy side but I knew it had to get done and why not during some down time.I got the den decorated for Christmas and my bedroom. I saved the Kitchen and livingroom for Friday.

The Den:




My Bedroom's tree:


Friday morning I did not get up at the break of dawn. I slept until 7 and then headed out for a few sales. I went to Lowells, Kohls (total mistake...too many people and not really that great of deals), and then Walmart. I got a few things accomplished but not as much as I truly wanted to. When I got home, after having coffee and pumpkin bread....I worked on turning the living room and kitchen into Christmas central. Tree is up and cupboards decorated in the Kitchen, decorations and tree is up in the livingroom. The tree has lights on it but we will not decorate it until Mark is home from college. Niel and my dad had already started putting the outside lights up. The outside of the house looks like a living candycane (red & white lights).

Saturday My parents headed back to Ocala and I spent the day cleaning out the closet(finding gifts I had bought and forgot about) , looking at my Christmas lists, and wrapping presents. Basically we stayed around the house. Niel fixed some of the lights that were not working. He is also coming down with a cold. We then went out to dinner to celebrate Chelsea's birthday with her family....we had a great time.

Now...it is Sunday...Brian & Chelsea have just left for Tampa, David is writing a paper (okay, he is suppose to be writing a paper), and Niel is watching football...the house is too quiet, I know I am strange....I love the commotion of the house full of people.

I hope that everyone was able to enjoy the holiday weekend. Even when things are bleak, we always have something to be thankful for. God is in control and He knows the big picture.

1 comment:

cwinwc said...

I know what you mean about loving "commotion in the house." Cute Dog.