Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to work

Well ...today I went back to work. I am really excited about being back to work. I really enjoy teaching and seeing my teacher friends. It is nice to get back into a routine. But I will admit it is really tiring. I do not get students until next week, this week is meetings, getting the classroom back to normal, and working on lesson plans. I will have to admit, I did start today tired because Niel and I had last week off doing things around the house and visiting relatives. You know how you have to take a vacation to rest up from the vacation.

Last week we worked around the yard. Niel and the boys cut down some hanging branches and tried to clean up the yard some. We made a trip to South Florida to see Niel's brother Eric. We had a nice visit. We got to go to David's football camp dinner where the players wait on the parents (one of my summer highlights). On Friday we headed to Gainesville for a weekend of suprise and fun with family.

Friday afternoon we arrived in Gainesville and then went to Heather's house for dinner and band practice. The grandchildren were putting a band together to play at Missy's surprise birthday party. We got to meet Amanda (my niece whom I have never met) and the boys got to meet her mother Laura as well. Laura is such a wonderful person and has done a wonderful job with Amanda. It was so good seeing Laura again, the last time I saw her was 19 years ago. Here are some pictures of Friday night.







Saturday was spent getting ready for the suprise party and partipating in the surprise party. It was nice. All of Arlene's children, grandchildren, and great children were able to make it to the party. Amanda and Laura coming the farthest from Kansas City. The guest that came the farthest was Chen (okay...someone try to beat China). Dave did a great job organizing it and getting everyone involved. We had the grandkid's band, I gave a story on how the Name "Missy" came about. I have the power point if anyone wants more detailed. The grandchildren talked about their trips with Missy and Arlene's kids talked about how much they love their mom. Dave gave a Missy fashion show from her many ski suits and bathing suits. Personally, a women can not have too many ski suits or bathing suits. The food was great. When the day was over, we headed over to Arlene's and Dave's to visit some more. Again, great family time. Here are some of pictures of the surprise party:

Laura & Amanda


Missy being surprised:


We had a great weekend. Sunday morning we got up and stopped by Arlene's & Dave's before heading back to Gainesville. Amanda, Brian, & Chelsea went to the nearby creek to look for shark's teeth (which they did find some). The rest of just used this extra time to visit.

But now we are back to reality. Brian is over in Tampa living....they left from Gainesville to drive to Tampa (yes, I did cry). Hopefully he will find a job soon over there. Niel & I are back to work. David has started afternoon football practices and I am trying to get him into a routine for school next week. Mark and Chen have one more week and then they head off to college (they leave on the 21st).

1 comment:

cwinwc said...

I know you've enjoyed having the boys home. We have as well.