Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay

Well...I am into my 2nd day off of work and expecting another one tomorrow because of Tropical Storm Fay. The storm that is loaded with wind and water has caused havoc on Brevard County (where we live). There has been a lot of flooding in many parts of Brevard County. As I type this we are trying to drain part of our pool...it is over flowing. I can understand....walking around our property we noticed the ditch behind our house is totally full (any more water might back it up into our yard). Our yard is on a high part of our neighborhood, our neighbor has a new lake in their front yard. Here are some of our pictures:


Personally, I will say it has been a blessing. Mind you, I was excited about my classes and would like to be in full swing of class routines and teaching. But Tropical Fay has given me extra time with Mark. Yesterday we spent the day going through his closet and getting him packed for College. While we were doing that, we got to talk...I like talking to Mark. Mark was able to work on his college papers and I was around to bounce things off. I like that...I sure do miss him when he is at college. Today I spent the day doing laundry, helping Mark get his car ready for his trip, and taking Chen to the airport. We have totally enjoyed having Chen with us for a month. He is a wonderful young man and I feel totally blessed to have had him with us for a month. I am hoping he decides to come home for Christmas with Mark. Here are a few pictures:
Niel, Me, & Chen

Here is a picture of Mark & Chen:


Tomorrow Mark leaves for Oklahoma with the Andersons' and Janel. Niel & him will pack his car later when we get in a down time from the rain...it does happen some. When we were walking around the property, that was one of those times. We have mostly everything in the livingroom ready to go...just waiting for the right time.

Niel & I both have off tomorrow (because of the storm) so we will be here to say our goodbyes to Mark. See, another blessing from this storm....otherwise I might have been at work. This is a lesson ....even when things are not what we want ( I did not want three days off of work right when school started), we can still get a blessing from it. SO, look for the positive in things.

No comments: